Our regular meetings are on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at 12:00 noon and on the 3rd Wednesday at 7:30am. These meetings are at Culver's Restaurant in St. Anthony.
A typical agenda for a regular meeting is:
- Opening – Pledge of Allegiance
- Greetings to Guests and Visitors
- Program – Each week we have a speaker on topics of general interest, community related services, member interests, etc. The program lasts about 30 minutes.
- Lunch – We try to have the meal served at 12:30 at the noon meetings. The cost of the lunch is currently $8.00; members are billed quarterly. A continental breakfast costing $5.00 is served at the morning meeting.
- Activities Update – We provide an opportunity for Committee chairs or project leaders to give an update on current projects, pass around sign-up sheets to volunteer for projects, etc.
- Happy Dollars – This is an opportunity to share your good fortune, good news, or good cheer with the others in attendance.
- Adjournment – One hour after starting.
Board Meetings – The Board of Directors meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30am. This is also at Culvers. All members are welcome to attend board meetings.
Committee Meetings – All members are expected to be a member of one of our committees. These committees are Youth, Community Services, Special Emphasis (emphasis on young kids), Spiritual Aims, Membership, and Fundraising. These committees have their main meeting at the start of the Kiwanis Year (October 1) to plan their activities for the year and determine their budgets. They are encouraged to meet quarterly throughout the year.